GSoC 2015

Chart Search (GSoC15-wk12) – Completing GSoC Project

It has been a nice marathon this summer which was my second and probably last year of working on Google Summer of Code. I believe that the work i began last year towards the chartsearch module has been brought to the level where the community can trust and use internationally. I hope to continue supporting the module and welcome any contributor to join while being thankful to some that have already come aboard like Nicholas Folk.

Here are some daily updates for this week.

Sunday, 15/08/2015
+ Added some good comments onto chartsearch module classes to easen Collaboration     [CSM-89]
Monday, 17/08/2015
+ Added some class commenting     [CSM-89]
Tuesday, 18/08/2015
+ Added Cummins Regex and added more class comments    [CSM-25]
Wednesday, 19/08/2015
+ Renamed remotes/upstream/1.4 to remotes/upstream/1.4.x
+ Released 1.4.1 maintenance release    [CSM-116]
+ Finished writing and submited my #OMRS15 hackathon proposal
+ Merged Nicholas Folk’s openmrs-module-chartsearch/pull/73 PR    [CSM-89]
+ Removed empty space from colors selector on Notes dialog at http://git.io/vsswv
Thursday, 20/08/2015
+ Added number of items from History to details on select at http://git.io/vssyw
+ Don’t update comment field background on saving a note at http://git.io/vsGT3
+ Successfully set up The current 2.3-SNAPSHOT reference application locally to contribute to Admin UI sprint
Friday, 21/08/2015
+ Claimed and working on RA-569
Advertisements
GSoC 2015

Chart Search (GSoC15-wk12) – Collaborating & Releasing 1.4

Hi dear reader;

This week has been another wonderful one, i have worked together with Nicholas Folk, Guiding him through https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/CSM-89 and reviewing his code, This has given an opportunity to collaborate during this task. Here is a summary of bullet points on what i have been able to get done on a daily basis.

Monday, 10/08/2015
+ Planning for openmrs dependency updates app with php and nginx
Tuesday, 11/08/2015
+ Fixing compatibility issues to run chart-search with openmrs 1.12.0-SNAPSHOT/Java 8
Wednesday, 12/08/2015
+ Code Review
+ Ran chartsearch module successfully on java 8 preparing it to run with 1.12.x
+ Updating saved preferences on save/update     [CSM-95]
+ An allergy can have more than one reaction      [CSM-59]
+ Branched off chartsearch 1.4 from master to support maintenance releases  [http://git.io/v3gTM]
+ Manually Prepared ChartSearch 1.4 Release     [CSM-116]
Thursday, 13/08/2015
+ Released ChartSearch Module 1.4     [CSM-116]
Friday, 14/08/2015
+ Working on an OpenMRS related proposal 🙂
GSoC 2015

Chart Search (GSoC15-wk11) – Customizing category display names under preferences

I just noticed having forgotten to post my last week’s update earlier enough after checking on http://planet.openmrs.org/ because initially i could do that after receiving a weekly update link from the GSoC managers, Michael and Suranga.

So then i decided to immediately post it in a meantime, here is what i did through the previous week organized in daily achievements;

Sunday, 2/08/2015
+ Added display name poperty onto CategoryFilter object     [CSM-95]
+ Added support for defining preferred names to display under category filter     [CSM-95]
+ Fixed some small bugs under category display naming   [CSM-95]
Monday, 3/08/2015
+ Fixed customizing category filter names   [CSM-95]
+ Including Category Description onto the chartSearchmanager#preferences section     [CSM-95]
+ Fixed bug in ChartSearchServiceImpl#addSingleObsToJSONToReturn     [CSM-95]
Tuesday, 4/08/2015
+ Added feedback functionaly     [CSM-113]
+ Added support for user’s adding their personal colors for Notes     [CSM-95]
Wednesday, 5/08/2015
+ Removed both Commands and Settings tabs from     [CSM-85]
Thursday, 6/08/2015
+ Eagelry responded to Nicholas Folk the intereted contributor to wor on     [CSM-89]
+ Updated CSM-86
GSoC 2015

Chart Search (GSoC15-week10) – Preferences

Almost every important application offers the user ability to get customize and set up some things to his/her preference.

This week has been another good week for me this summer, Most of the tasks i have done were supporting preference where users can configure some things to their preference within the chartsearch module, here is my summarized weekly update;

Monday, 27/07/2015
+ Graph:Fixed time scalling bug on time axis     [CSM-86]
+ Added ChartSearchPreferences class     [CSM-95]
+ Added Work-around fix for CSM-112     [CSM-112]
+ Fixed some small bug in Editing Note on managment page
Tuesday, 28/07/2015
+ Added API play-station for ChartSearchPreference      [CSM-95]
Wednesday, 29/07/2015
+  Returning preferences to the client level       [CSM-95]
Thursday, 30/07/2015
+ Developer Forum
+ Supported Saving/Updating and Restoring Preferences      [CSM-95]
Friday, 31/07/2015
+  Added support functionality for configuring toggle preferences      [CSM-95]
+  Escaped JSON to pass to client using UiUtils#escapeJs     [CSM-105]
Thanks