Hi dear reader,
Am so glad that since GSoC 2014 began, I have been adding weekly update blogs, please check my other blogs in this category for reference.
Here is once again another wonderful week of development, from Monday to Friday I have been working on Adding different indexing policies to the Chart search module in addition to indexing one patient at a time when the user accesses either the chart search main page.
- Added a way to index many documents without specifying a patient see https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/CSM-10
- Added ChartSearchCustomIndexer to handle the above behavior.
- Added some support for retrieving patient data using openmrs API . But for now, i used jdbc connection from within the openMRS api to run query to get data from the OpenMRs database.
- Cleared issues with indexing, the user can now index any specified number of documents without specifying a particular patient
- Began working on a way to return logs back to the view as process progresses
- Sent out welcome emails for OpenMRS 1.11 testing sprint , being the OpenMRs 1.11 release manager
- Did lots of work on OpenMRS 1.11 test sprint , updating pages, responding to feedback etc
- Set up http://uat02.openmrs.org:8080/openmrs and installed openmrs reference application with the chart search module for people to test out the module and return their feedback.
- Sent out emails about the module; testing and ways of obtaining user’s feedback
- Attended the OpenMRS Developer forum
- Spoke to some Ugandan contributors about testing 1.11 sprint and invited them to take part
- Did some work on 1.11 test sprint
- Responded to https://notes.openmrs.org/ChartSearch-Module-Feedback
- Researched on server side threading to return progress messages
- Began coding out a means of returning progress feedback while the indexing is going on